Customer Terms and Conditions
Customer Terms and Conditions
FlashBox charges $6+HST per parcel to deliver in these areas:
Maple, Mississauga, Brampton, Scarborough, Thornhill, Oakville, Woodbridge, Markham, Toronto, Pickering, Aurora, Newmarket, Etobicoke, North York, Oshawa, Whitby, Richmond Hill, Concord, York, East York, Willowdale, Burlington.
FlashBox charges $14+HST per parcel to deliver in these areas:
Hamilton, Milton, Bowmanville, Stoney Creek, Orangeville, Georgetown, Bradford, Bolton, Dundas, Ancaster, Caledon, Courtice, King, Waterdown, Holland Landing, Acton, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Halton, Halton Hills.
FlashBox charges $30+HST per parcel to deliver in these areas:
Barrie, Niagara Falls, Welland, St Catherines, Keswick, Alliston, Innisfil, Port Perry, Uxbridge, Grimsby, Mono, Thorold, Newcastle.
- Only adequately packaged parcels will be accepted by our drivers.
- If packages are open, broken, damaged, leaking, unsafe, tapped together, or unable to withstand the rigours of delivery, our drivers have the right to refuse delivery upon pick-up.
- Parcels above our maximum height and weight requirements are subject to service refusal:
- Parcels must be 30lbs or under
- Parcels must be 30” x 18” x 10” or under
- Parcels must not contain the following items:
- Perishable products
- Fragile items
- Gift baskets
- Other regulated items
Same-Day Delivery Requirements
To get Same-Day Delivery:
- There must be a minimum spend of $18.00 before taxes
- The items must not be age-sensitive, perishable, regulated, or fragile
- The items must fit within our maximum height and weight requirements
- The items must be adequately packaged
- The items must be delivered within our delivery area
- Order spreadsheets must be submitted before 10 am
- All drop-off locations must be listed on the spreadsheet
- Edits to drop-off addresses and deleting of shipments must be done before parcel pick-up
- Parcels must be ready for pick-up before your chosen pick-up timeslot
FlashBox commits to:
- Delivering same-day by 10 pm
- The latest we will pick-up parcels is 4 pm
- Not charging more than $6+HST per parcel with a minimum of 3 parcels per pick-up
All prices are listed without HST. Customers will be expected to pay for HST on top of the listed price.
Unsuccessful deliveries are defined as:
- The driver cannot reach the required address due to reasons outside of their control. These can include but are not limited to,
- road closure, building closure, Act of God, natural disaster, the Queen’s or public enemies, riots, strikes
- A recipient is not able to receive the parcel when the merchant requires a signature
FlashBox does not charge for re-attempting deliveries when:
- The parcel reaches the drop-off location after 10 pm and the delivery is unsuccessful
- The driver makes an error with the delivery address (meaning that the address was correctly provided by the merchant but the driver made a mistake)
- If the parcel does not leave the sorting center
- If the driver arrives after 6 pm when the merchant specified that the drop off must be completed in accordance with the end-receiver business hours (i.e. the end-recipient closed their store)
- Customer enters/uploads the correct address but the address changes to an incorrect one due to an internal issue
FlashBox charges for re-attempting deliveries due to Merchant error or when:
- A recipient is not able to receive the parcel when the merchant requires a signature before 10 pm
- The address was incorrectly entered by the Merchant
- A unit number missing in the customer address
- Entry code for private residences not provided by the Merchant
- Signature or proof of age required by Merchant and customer is unavailable or does not answer before 10pm or incorrect phone number has been provided
- Delivery is to a business and the Merchant does not mention the working hours for the business
- The Merchant forgot to print and stick a legible label
- Items will either be returned to the FlashBox Sorting Center or returned to the sender
- FlashBox will re-attempt delivery to the end recipient the following day
- If delivery is unsuccessful again, the process repeats
- We will attempt to deliver it twice before returning parcels back to the sender
FlashBox will charge the sender $6+HST per parcel for each re-attempt.
If FlashBox is unable to get in contact with the sender of the packaging within 72 hours to facilitate a return, FlashBox has the right to dispose of the parcel as we see fit.
Limitation of Liability
FlashBox is responsible for your parcels from pick-up until they are delivered to end recipients. We are not responsible for the parcels before or after delivery.
We are not responsible if parcels are stolen once left on the end-recipients property, as instructed by the merchant.
Stolen, Lost & Damaged Parcels
Merchant error and FlashBox is not liable for any losses if:
- The merchant uploaded the incorrect address and the parcel is lost
- The merchant did not provide a unit number and the parcel is lost
- Merchant has no special delivery instructions, the driver drops off parcel and uploads proof-of-delivery, and then parcel gets lost/stolen
- Merchant has special delivery instructions and FlashBox provides proof-of-delivery and the parcel is reported lost or stolen
- The packaging is not damaged but goods inside are damaged
- The merchant does not respect T & Cs and sends perishable/fragile/breakable items via same-day delivery.
- FlashBox does not take responsibility for high-value items, precious metals and stones, cash and other monetary instruments. Our standard insurance up to a value of $100 applies to all parcels delivered by us
Insurance Coverage of Parcels
- FlashBox will cover up to $100 of the value of the parcel
FlashBox error and FlashBox is liable for damages up to $100:
- The parcel was picked up from the merchant but lost in transit to the sorting centre
- The parcel was scanned into the sorting centre, lost and never made it out to delivery
- The parcel made it out to delivery but insufficient proof of delivery and parcel is reported lost or undelivered
Should you have any questions, our support team is available to help. Please email [email protected] or call us toll-free at 1-888-631-7895.