Customer Terms and Conditions
FlashBox delivers in these areas:
Toronto, Mississauga, Streetsville, Oakville, Brampton, Woodbridge, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Oakridge, Vaughan, Aurora, Newmarket, Unionville, Markham, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby ,Oshawa and Burlington (limited areas)
FlashBox delivers to the following areas within British Columbia: Vancouver, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, New West Minister, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Langley, Surrey, White Rock, Richmond, Delta
- Only adequately packaged parcels will be accepted by our drivers.
- If packages are open, broken, damaged, leaking, unsafe, tapped together, or unable to withstand the rigours of delivery, our drivers have the right to refuse delivery upon pick-up.
- Parcels above our maximum height and weight requirements are subject to service refusal:
- Parcels must be 30lbs or under
- Parcels must be 30’x18”x10” or less
- Parcels must not contain the following items:
- Perishable products
- Fragile items
- Gift baskets
- Other regulated items
Same-Day Delivery Requirements
To qualify for same-day delivery, sellers must
- Spend a minimum of $18 before tax per delivery day
- Not be delivering age-sensitive items, perishables, regulated goods, or fragile items.
- Abide by the parcel maximum weight and dimension requirements
- Abide by packaging requirements
- Be delivering within our pre-determined area
- List all drop-off locations on the uploaded spreadsheet.
- Submit orders and delivery instructions before 11 a.m.
- Not edit drop-off addresses or delete shipments after parcel pick-up
- Have all parcels ready for pick-up before the selected time slot
FlashBox commits to:
- Delivering same-day parcels by 10 p.m.
- Picking up parcels by 4 p.m.
All prices are listed without HST. Customers will be expected to pay for HST on top of the listed price.
Unsuccessful deliveries are as those which:
- Cannot be delivered because the driver is unable to access the delivery address due to reasons outside of their control. This may include, but is not limited to, road closures, building closures, Acts of God, natural disasters, riots, and strikes.
- Cannot be signed for by the recipient when a signature is required.
FlashBox does not charge for re-attempting deliveries when:
- The parcel reaches the drop-off location after 10 p.m. and the delivery is unsuccessful
- The driver makes an error in the delivery address when it was provided correctly by the merchant
- The parcel does not leave the sorting facility
- The driver arrives at the sorting facility after 6 p.m. when the merchant specified that the drop-off must be completed within the customers’ business hours (for business deliveries)
- The merchant enters the correct delivery address, but it is changed due to an internal error
FlashBox charges for re-attempting deliveries due to merchant error when:
- A recipient is not available before 10 p.m. for a delivery requiring a signature
- The delivery address was incorrectly uploaded by the merchant
- Delivery information is left incomplete by the merchant (unit number, entry code, phone number, etc.)
- Entry code for private residences not provided by the Merchant
- Signature or proof of age required by Merchant and customer is unavailable or does not answer before 10 pm or incorrect phone number has been provided
- Business hours are not specified by the merchant for business deliveries
- Labels are not legible and/or properly attached to parcels by merchants
- After one unsuccessful delivery, the parcel is returned to the FlashBox sorting facility. It will be re-attempted the following day between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- FlashBox will re-attempt delivery to the end recipient the following day
- If delivery is unsuccessful again, the process repeats
- After two failed re-attempts, the unsuccessful parcels are returned to the sender.
FlashBox will charge the merchant $6+HST per parcel for each re-attempt where the merchant is at fault. If FlashBox is unable to get in contact with the sender of the parcel within 72 hours of the second re-attempt of delivery to facilitate a return, FlashBox has the right to dispose of the parcel as we see fit.
Limitation of Liability
FlashBox is responsible for your parcels from pick-up until delivery to the final customer. We are not responsible for the parcels before or after delivery. We are not responsible if parcels are stolen once left on the customer’s property as per delivery instructions. Lost or damaged parcels must be reported to FlashBox within 14 days of the delivery date. Reports can be made via live chat on flashbox.co, emailing email@example.com or calling 1-888-631-7895 (toll-free).
Stolen, Lost & Damaged Parcels
FlashBox is not liable for any losses due to merchant error, including, but not limited to:
- An incorrect address uploaded by the merchant resulting in a lost parcel
- An incomplete delivery address missing information (ie. unit number)
- Merchant has no special delivery instructions, the driver drops off parcel and uploads proof-of-delivery, and then parcel gets lost/stolen
- Merchant has special delivery instructions and FlashBox provides proof-of-delivery and the parcel is reported lost or stolen
- Damaged goods inside sound packaging
- Shipping goods not allowed as outlined by the Customer Terms and Conditions, such as perishables, fragile items, etc.
- Damage to high-value items like precious metals and stones, cash, or others. Our standard insurance up to a value of $100 applies to all parcels delivered by us
Insurance Coverage of Parcels
- FlashBox will cover up to $100 of the value of a parcel
FlashBox is liable for damages in cases where:
- The parcel was picked up from the merchant but lost in transit to the FlashBox sorting facility
- The parcel was scanned into the sorting facility but never made it out for delivery
- The parcel made it out for delivery but was lost or undelivered and insufficient proof of delivery was provided
Should you have any questions, our support team is available to help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-888-631-7895.