Driver Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions described in this document are written to clarify what independent drivers with FlashBox can expect when delivering with FlashBox.
Right to Make Changes to the Agreement
This agreement is predetermined. Should you have any concerns with the information within this document, contact FlashBox. Please reach out to [email protected] or call us toll-free at 1-888-631-7895.
When driving with FlashBox, the driver is not an employee of FlashBox. The driver is a freelancer or independent driver through which they are delivering parcels on behalf of FlashBox.
FlashBox is currently delivering within the Greater Toronto Area.
Specific regions we cover: Toronto, Mississauga, Streetsville, Oakville, Brampton, Woodbridge, Concord, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Oakridge, Aurora, Newmarket, Unionville, Markham, Stouffville, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa
Regions we currently do not cover: Burlington, Hamilton, Milton, King City, Bradford, Bowmanville
The driver may be required to deliver parcels to every region we cover. If the driver refuses to deliver to these areas, FlashBox may revoke the driver’s ability to complete deliveries.
In Order to Drive
Independent drivers delivering with FlashBox must be able to provide the following:
- Up-to-Date Insurance;
- Valid Canadian Drivers License;
- A registered vehicle;
- A vehicle that is certified, fit to be driven and is up to date with maintenance;
- A smartphone with a data plan.
Independent drivers delivering with FlashBox must:
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Have 1+ years of driving experience.
Independent drivers must complete their application in full to be considered for the driving partnership. This application process includes:
- Filling out the online application at https://flashbox.co/become-a-driver/
- Providing additional documentation to complete the application
- Watch a short training video and complete the following quiz
- Applicants must receive 63% or more to move forward
- Receive login credentials through email
- Download the driver application – FlashBox Driver App
- Start accepting deliveries through the app of your own accord and or availability
- Start making deliveries
- Be paid every Friday through direct deposit to your bank account
Requirements of the Role
At the pick-up location(s)
- The driver must screen products before they are accepted for delivery
- If packages are open, broken, damaged, leaking, unsafe, tapped together, or able to withstand the rigours of delivery, the driver should refuse delivery upon pickup.
- Be respectful of the timing of our customers. Please be 15 min in advance to the pick-up location.
- Always double-check that the parcels picked up match the addresses listed in the application.
At the drop-off location(s)
- Always check the description of every drop-off location.
- Look out for buzzer codes, unit numbers or accommodations as to where the parcel should be left.
- Due to Covid-19, we are changing our parcel signing procedures
- The driver needs to sign off on the delivery themself, no need to ask the end-customer to sign.
- Always take a picture of the parcel delivered through the app
- The picture will act as proof of delivery
When Completing Deliveries
The driver’s vehicle needs to be empty. We require the driver’s vehicle to be empty so that we can place parcels in the vehicle. We also require them to be empty to prevent damage to the parcels.
The driver’s vehicle must have a sufficient amount of gas to complete the delivery. Drivers will not have time to stop and get gas once you begin delivering.
The driver must keep their phone fully charged. The phone must stay fully charged so that the driver can stay connected with the support team.
When picking up deliveries at our sorting center, the driver must arrive prepared and ready to commence deliveries. There may be a short waiting period while the parcels are placed into the driver’s vehicle. Drivers are expected to stay onsite until all parcels are placed in their vehicle. Once all parcels have been placed in their vehicle, drivers can commence deliveries.
The driver must be polite and respectful. This extends to the interactions between drivers and customers, drivers and end-receivers, and parcels. There will be zero tolerance for rude behaviour, recklessness or carelessness.
The driver must never reach out to the end-receivers beyond the capacity of the delivery. The driver should only contact end-receivers if they have already called support. There will be zero tolerance for abuse of end-receiver personal information.
FlashBox has a zero-tolerance policy for driving under the influence and impaired driving. Violating these policies will result in immediate termination.
The driver needs to complete all drop-offs within the delivery window provided. Our delivery windows are determined by estimated travel time, local traffic and road closures, and additional time. If the driver is repeatedly taking longer than the delivery window provided, we hold the right to investigate and if there are too many abuses we have the right to suspend the driver’s account.
If parcels are damaged, broken or mishandled during the delivery process, the driver will be held liable. The driver will be responsible for covering the payout for the damaged parcels.
The driver needs to respect the mode of delivery listed. If customers request the delivery in a specific way, the driver must follow the instructions explicitly. If there are issues completing the delivery as specified, the driver must contact support.
FlashBox may complete background checks on drivers before and during their driving partnership with FlashBox. We will notify the driver if a background check will be run on them.
Having adequate knowledge of how to operate the driver app is a mandatory requirement to drive for FlashBox. The driver may be required to complete training to deliver for FlashBox. Additional training may be required throughout your driving partnership with FlashBox. The driver may be subject to written tests based on the training. If the driver fails the tests, they may be subject to suspension.
FlashBox requires vehicles to have a minimum cargo capacity of 15.7 cubic feet. If the driver has vehicles less than 15.7 cubic feet of space, FlashBox has the right to suspend the account.
The following laws govern this agreement.
- R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1087: CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE – GENERAL FREIGHT CARRIERS
Limitation of Liability
The drivers operate under their own insurance, therefore, are subject to their negotiated deductible with their insurance company.
If any of the drivers are involved in an accident or incident (i.e. damage to property, collision) the driver must contact [email protected] or 1 (888) 631-7895 immediately and follow the standard procedure set in Ontario:
- Step 1 – Stop the car, secure your safety
- Step 2 – Call the police
- Step 3 – Take photos
- Step 4 – Move your car
- Step 5 – Record the details of the accident
- Step 6 – Call your car insurance company
Proof of Deliveries (POD) – picture of the parcel at the drop-off location will act as a POD unless the merchant explicitly notes “Signature Required”. In that case, a picture and signature are required. If the driver cannot provide a picture of the drop or signature, they could be charged for the full value of the parcel.
If any undeliverable parcel is not returned to FlashBox Inc., the driver will be held responsible for the full value of the parcel/contents.
Termination of Accounts/Service
Accounts made on FlashBox’s website, mobile apps and other digital apps, or users’ access to FlashBox’s website and apps can be terminated in case of abuses or at FlashBox’s sole discretion.
Should the driver have any questions about the process, difficulties during delivery or general inquiries, our support team is available to help. Please email [email protected] or call us toll-free at 1-888-631-7895.